Thursday, February 7, 2008

Kung Hei Fatt Choy!

Today is the 1st day of Chinese New Year. After all the hard work yesterday (and all the house cleaning on the weekends leading to that), and the reunion dinner with the plates of food we put away last night, I decided that I shall do nothing but eat, sleep and play for the next few days.

plum blossom tree
The plum blossom tree we put up together yesterday –
Daddy and mummy who picked up the branches over the weeks during their evening walks and later bought some flowers.
Daddy who helped saw-off the branches to the height/shape we wanted and collected stones to fill-up the pot .
Sis & I with the ‘help’ of our 7-year-old niece & 5-year-old nephew decorated the tree.
Brother who lifted up the pot to the exact placement the tree is right now.


Been keeping myself busy this morning taking pictures of niece & nephew. Here are some that I like..

Photobucket
They had no idea where to look because all of us - bro, sis & I were snapping away

sis camera
Sis showed them how to scribble little hearts on her camera

nephew
My nephew eyeing all the goodies and sweet candies

I’m not a very traditional girl, but Lunar New Year holds a special place in my heart because of the activities we indulge in as a family. We don’t usually get together that way on normal days. This is also the last year I’m staying home for the new year and also the last year of collecting ang pows (as most of you have been reminding me of).

So for anyone else celebrating, Sun Nin Fai Lok! (Happy New Year)

happiness

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kung Hei Fatt Choy to you.

Nice blog.

I must say that you update your blog more frequently than your the other half,...which is good.;-)

Spellbound said...

Natasya – Kung Hei Fatt Choy! Do you miss CNY here? :)

Thanks for dropping by.

No comparison there as the other is skewed towards serious musing whereas mine is bordering mindless light thoughts. If I don’t update, it can only means my life is clouded by dark grey sky at that moment ;)