Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Wedding Checklist

jessica & travis
(Photo from http://junebugweddings.com/blogs/what_junebug_loves/)
I’m in love with this photo – it looked like a perfect blue sky day for a perfect shoot! Makes me want to put on a veil and get married now too.. haha..

Time to get my mind back to (attempting) my wedding planning, now that most festivals are (almost) over. If you are wondering how the planning is getting along, here’s an update on my to-do list (of which I borrowed from Diary of a Mad Bride that I’ve read recently.. with some (heavy) modifications of my own, and I foresee the list growing from here).

LY EVIL AND ENDLESS
Official/\THINGS TO DO List

1. Choose wedding date *check*
2. Decide on honeymoon - doubt will happen (no budget)
3. Arrange for registration of marriage - no time to go inquire (only open during office hours)
4. Choose reception venue
5. Make guest list - tentative no. of pax decided, will cut accordingly! (sorry if you didn't end up in the list)
6. Find wedding gown - still constructing one in my mind
7. Decide on groom’s attire - his preference : casual wear
8. Choose maid-of-honor *check*
9. Choose best man - his comment : do I need one?
10. Buy wedding rings
11. Order wedding cake - not in budget priority
12. Choose florist and set appointment to discuss details
13. Buy shoes
14. Buy other accessories
15. Interview photographers & hire one
16. Schedule pre-wedding shoot
17. Hire videographer - do we need one?
18. Draft ceremony/reception program
19. Finalize invitation wording
20. Order invitations
21. Decide on make-up artist/hair stylist and make appointment for trial
22. Make budget *check*
23. Divide expenses - what is his is mine, no?
24. Decide on menu
25. Reserve vegetarian meals
26. Decide on bridal car - what do you think of my ’s ride?
27. Buy guest book for reception
28. Decide on wine selection
29. Choose processional music
30. Choose reception music
31. Decide on reception décor - hmm.. maybe leave the venue (if we found one) as it is?
32. Decide on dress code
33. Draw up wedding day schedule (timing, details & persons-in-charge)
34. Find out cultural traditions and decide what to incorporate into ceremony - yup, huge rows with groom-to-be over this
35. Schedule spa session! (manicure/pedicure/body massage)
*love last item the best! hehe..

Well, shall I say 3.5 items checked or 10% of the list, after 4 months since engagement. Is that acceptable? Or is it time to push panic button yet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.