Saturday, February 23, 2008

I Need A Break!

Apparently, while trying to put a bit more efforts into moving things along in the wedding plans, I’m complicating things further. Was told that options should be kept within boundaries, thus not waste time looking beyond affordability to enable a quick decision-making. Full stop.

While that sounds perfectly rational, it goes against everything I believe in. I’d like to have alternatives and be informed irregardless of the final decision. I supposed it’s for self-satisfaction and reassurance that I would have explored all options and took into consideration the possible alternatives before making an informed decision. Yes, to adhere to a budget is important, but the contents that make up the final figure should be flexible. An item may be sacrificed for another greater idea (yes, I hear you, you are thinking that I sound exactly like one of those clients you dread to encounter.. ).

Anyway, barely 4 days after I vowed to tick off more items on my wedding checklist, I have decided to take a break. What better way than to literally run away and take a break? I’m going to start packing my bag in eagerness the moment I posted this…


Halong Bay
Paradise awaits..


(Photo from
http://bpstorybook.blogspot.com/search/label/Vietnam - stumbled upon his blog and loved it while searching for a photo from ‘real traveller’ rather than some misleading, heavily touched-up photos from one of those travel websites)

1 comment:

MatJun said...

Yup, you need a break. I'm sure everything is in good hands.