Monday, September 24, 2007

Turning into Becky Bloomwood

If you have read or heard of the Shopaholic series of novels by Sophie Kinsella, then you’ll know whom I’m referring to. If you haven’t, look out for the movie. But this is Becky without Luke to save her ass. For I have found a new shopping paradise!

Pavilion KL was launched on Thursday, 20th Sept, but I only managed to check it out 3 days later (I have to work, ok?!). Spent 6 hours on this very first visit browsing through the whole mall. I have to say I’m impressed! And I’m mighty excited to have a new well-equipped playground for my shopping escapades.


pavilion entrance

pavilion
It has high ceilings and wide corridor for walkways

OMG! All my favourite stores under one roof!

retail shops

mercato

Mooks is here too, finally..

esprit
Esprit! I think this is the first ever 3-storey store in Malaysia. With an Esprit Café too!

parkson
And Parkson Pavilion – where I get my usual fav brands e.g. United Colors of Benetton, Warehouse, Sisley

You'll also get A Cut Above, Zang Toi Café and Toys"R"Us all in Parkson itself! Even the art works displayed on the walls are for sale.

toysRus


mercato
Mercato, the supermarket looks classy and high-end

etoile
Etoile! Right in the middle of the centre atrium


Etoile at Equatorial Hotel is always the choice when we want to be secluded and have a chat in private. This is definitely the exact opposite – this is a place to be seen and to look at people walking around. Kampachi from Equatorial will be opening too.

jco donuts

Had breakfast at J.CO Donuts, a bakery retail from Indonesia that is highly rated. Maybe my life is too full of bitterness, donuts in any case are too sweet for my taste bud

Not all stores are open and there are still renovations going on and some unfinished touches all over. But those are minor details. I can’t wait for Golden Sreen Cinemas (GSC) to open. With that, and when all 450 retail shops are operational, Pavilion KL will really beats Suria KLCC as THE mall within the vicinity. Next, I’m anxious to see how The Gardens measures up when its door opens this coming 26th Sept.

Finally, having skimmed through the whole mall, there’s not much time to shop in individual stores. But I, Rebecca Bloomwood in making, need only take one round in Zara to feel all giddy! The clothes were stunning! As I hand over my Visa card, I feel a glow of satisfaction emitted through my body. I can’t breathe. In that one single shop, I managed to spend a massive sum of RM630 on 3 items (if only you know how broke I am currently, that is a huge, enormous amount of money to me right now).

I'm happy for now till the arrival of my credit card statements. Shall I hide them when the time comes??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!! I am speechless. I have to go check out Pavillion soon. Has Pavillion started paying you for this advertorial?? Damn! I have to go back Pg this weekend, or else I would pay a visit. No wonder both your blogs has been quiet the past few days...Busy with the Pavillion rite? kakakaka!

Spellbound said...

No, Pavilion (with one 'L') did not pay me for this! But what can I say.. I'm just impressed! It's about time we have a more than decent shopping mall in town :)