Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Planning in progress

What’s your travel style or preference? Are you a solo traveler? A twosome traveler? A book-a-tour-and-leave-itinerary-to-travel-agent kind of traveler? Yes, it makes a difference to the whole experience. I don’t like traveling in large groups nor going on tours. I like to do things at my own pace, be spontaneous and flexible in adjusting my roughly planned activities.

To me, discovering a destination starts from planning for the trip. Currently, I’m multi-tasking with 2 plans in hands (I’m good at that, that’s what I do for living btw).

Task 1 – Planning for Japan (travel companion – 1)
Task 2 – Planning for Hanoi, Vietnam (travel companions – 4)

Of course with the help of fellow travel companions. I can’t decide which task is more challenging. Travel companion for task 1 is a self-proclaimed control freak or in his words, he is just being systematic and love things to be in order. Travel companions for task 2 are a bunch of typical fickle-minded girls. It took us approximately 3 weeks of discussing, checking and locking in each of our diaries just to set a casual dinner appointment recently. That is if they all turn up this Friday.

So you go figure.. both tasks are taxing :)

1 comment:

MatJun said...

Both travel plan looks good ... but planning ahead is always a good thing, though it may dull the whole experience is some sense.