Friday, September 21, 2007

It's a Big, Big World

We used to stare at this huge world map on the wall to decide where to head to (or dream of heading to) for our next holiday destination, and then tried to make out if it's within our means to get there. We went from “Hawaii is way too far to attempt. We have to transfer flight in Japan to the other side of the globe!”.. to “But I always thought Bali is up above near Thailand!”.. and other ignorant questions like “Where exactly is Austria?” Yes, I have heard the same question asked about Malaysia on many occasions before too, so don't blame us!

Those were the days..

Yesterday, I received an invitation from Swisspiper to create a travel map and share it with friends.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sounds fun! So I started on a high note happily marking the cities that I’ve been in the world map.

The end result of my masterpiece? This is how my travel map to-date looks like..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

click to enlarge map and view locations

Did you see all the uncovered white space? How disheartening is that? When will I be able to cover the whole wide world??

Ok, correction to my very first post – who says it’s a small world after all?? It very definitely is NOT a small world!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boo Hoo Hoo!!!!!! Don't tell me. Mine looked 10 times MORE PATHETIC, ok!