Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Of Celebrations..

June is a special month for celebrations. My sweetheart's birthday falls in June. Father's Day is in June and daddy's birthday is also within that few days!

Typically, Father's Day is a day we would just spend with daddy for some get-together time. But since I have started the precedent of baking mummy a cake this year, sis has asked me to bake daddy one too. But me with my very limited culinary skills, know no other recipe but my chocolate cake. That, however, is not a problem as the kids (my nieces and nephew) love chocolates.

Photobucket
So with the help of hubby, and some recycled birds cut-out, this is the first cake for daddy.

02 cake box
With an identical cake box design to the Mother's Day cake.

03 birthday cake
The no-bake Oreo cheesecake for daddy's birthday 2 days later.

As with most celebrations, we eat out at Sit A Spell Café, where pre-dinner, sis and I get to shop around the rows of boutique (with discount for knowing the café's owner), while mum and dad get to chat with my aunties.

04 nieces
My nieces - XY can just about finish the whole plate of spaghetti and XT with her meehoon

05 sweetheart & XT
Sweetheart (with my friendship bracelet and Benetton T-shirt, one of his birthday gifts from me) posing with XT.

In continuation of the many celebrations, XT presented us with invitations to her coming birthday party.

06 invites
Her handmade invites

So you see, I have a new project to embark on.... she has named her birthday gift, but I have some supplementary gift ideas brewing in mind *wink*.

2 comments:

MatJun said...

You forgot, it's the month we first met as well

Spellbound said...

of course i remember.. hence the friendship bracelet