Monday, December 10, 2007

Spellbound presents Sit A Spell Café!

In my dreams, I like to imagine myself owning a little café in a quaint picturesque town* (with the mandatory blue sky above), immersing in the aroma of brewing coffee, feasting my eyes on pretty little cakes (can’t be devouring them daily!), and indulging in mouth-watering food that we serve..

*small quaint town doesn’t mean cut off from the world ya.. I still need to attend to my shopping fits!

Back in reality, I can only envy all these entrepreneurs with each and every new eatery that mushroomed in town. My dream purely consists of the perfect imagery of a café and not with business sense behind sustaining a thriving establishment. Thus, the idea remains warmly tucked inside my dream world.

I’ve recently discovered a new café at Dataran Sunway in Kota Damansara, called Sit A Spell. Sounds like a café I’ll name if I own one? Haha.. no, it has nothing to do with magic charms or
witches. The word ‘spell’ here is used on the context of a period, a stretch.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I wasn’t there for a proper meal as we dropped by for a very late lunch after some errands and I had a dinner date on same day too. And I did not really snap photos as I was with my parents and they are not aware of their daughter’s reputation as a shutterbug as yet.

So far, what I like about Sit A Spell?

The name
They have Wi-Fi available


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And the Chef cooked my parents this delicious vegetarian pasta on special request (not in menu).

I will reserve my review on the food as I’ve really not tried the varieties available. The black forest and marshmallow chocolate cakes were yummy though. Not too sweet and just the way I like it. If you have a sweet tooth, you might find them a bit bland.

Will definitely return for a main meal soon. Only problem is I’ll have a hard time deciding between Chicken Roulade, Grilled Lamb Shoulder, Dory Fish and Chips, Seafood Pasta with mussels and tiger prawns and other pasta dishes. Also on the menu, (if you’re one of those who can’t live without rice for a day) the Asian meals e.g. Balinese grilled fish in banana leaf, served with rice or the signature Sit A Spell nasi lemak, served with curry chicken.

Care to join me for my next visit?

I know, if you don’t stay or work there, you most likely will not go just to feast there. And that area is full of eateries, why pick this one, right? But then again, why not? Especially if you happen to be near that area.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Disclaimer :
If you’re wondering why the free advertorial on Sit A Spell, yes, ok, I am related to the owner. But have no share or whatsoever in the business and do not earn commission nor get discount because of that, so my opinions will be unbiased.

To also clarify, no, I have nothing to do with the name of the café!

No comments: