Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Search Begins..

Searching for a wedding dress is like playing dress-up for grown ups. Getting engaged is like getting a license to try out wedding gowns. Of finally being allowed to do so.

I was pretty excited at first, picking up dresses and trying them all out. If I was going to spend that kind of money for a dress, I was going to at least try till I’m happy with “the one”.

But how? Just tell me how do you even decide that’s the one?

So ok, I learned after taking off dress no. 20 (or was it 30??) that halter neck emphasized my skinny shoulders, mermaid style looks horrible on me.. and yes, I’ve been told what styles don’t work for me as I’m short, have fat thighs, short waist, boobs not big enough to support and other most unflattering comments I’ve ever heard coming from a sales person. I know they were trying to help and I wasn’t (really) offended.

I just want something simple, but there is a thin line between simple and plain. Because I also don’t want to be seen as being plain. In the end, I actually thought I knew exactly what I want.

Until I’ve been persuaded to try some other cut I didn’t think would fit me.. you know, why not.. since I was already at no. 20th. And surprising, they fit really well too! Thus, I was thrown back to when I first started..

Ok, for your amusement, take a look at the photos below and tell me what you think..

sample gown
Too princessy for me?

gown at mikasa
Here’s the comparison :)


This is not to be my dress, but it’s one of those I never thought I could carry off.

No comments: