Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Friendship Forever

01 embroidery floss
Remember making friendship bracelets out of embroidery floss during school days?

As a symbol of our 19 years of friendship, I've made my husband a friendship bracelet. It has been as many years if not more since I made one. Do you even remember how to make one? I, again, turned to the ever helpful google search for refreshment course. I still don't know how to make those complicated pretty patterns. It took a lot of trial and error to make the basic ones that I did.

02 making bracelet
This was me making the W pattern during a recent trip to Singapore. Believe it or not, hubby actually taught me this pattern!

03 friendship bracelets
The one I'm using for the keys turned out too short even for my bony wrist and the one in the middle was intended for hubby but also turned out too short for him, so it ends up in my own stash of accessories.

04 bracelet for hubby
This is another one of the same pattern in similar colours made for him. So we now have matching bracelets! :)

If you are wondering where I got my embroidery floss from (they are awfully expensive nowadays!), I actually managed to search and find the balance I put away from all those years when I used to be a novice cross-stitch enthusiast.

05 cross-stitch
Some of my masterpieces

I kid you not. That was a lifetime ago. I, myself, find it hard to believe when I look at these.. at all the hard work and patience put into them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
U have nice posting of pictures on ur blog. I m now inspired to do a re-fresher course of friendship bands!! ( :