Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Sweetheart

Yesterday was my bff's birthday. I threw a party for him and it was one of my favourite parties. Not every birthday requires a large party. Sometimes it's fun to keep it laid back. So with me as the host and the only guest, it was an exclusive affair.

I spent weeks (ok ok.. so I procrastinated in the first few weeks and only really spent the last few days working hard) preparing it. I decided on a safari (him being such an animals lover) and the colour orange (his fav) as the overall theme. My initial concept was much bigger than this, but cost, time and logistic forced me to scale down to what it was.

balloons bouquet
Birthday surprise started from him receiving this balloons bouquet of my safari-theme, and I had him brought home for me to see even though he couldn't see the rear mirror while driving (and I went through a harmless little white lie with the help from michiyo in ordering the balloons)

living room
While he was at work, I had to keep to a tight timeline to put up everything in place

birthday banner
The birthday banner (especially love the shadows of the animals template on the wall)

balloons

dining & kitchen area

table setting

study room
In the study room where he spends most of his time.. no, not working but playing games. See that new huge LCD?

bedroom
Identical banner in the bedroom

bathroom mirror
The bathroom mirror

birthday gift
And lastly, what is a birthday without gifts..

Looking at the colour scheme, I'm hoping to recycle certain things for Halloween...

3 comments:

queen_of_bee said...

thumbs up!

MatJun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MatJun said...

I am a lucky man, oh yes I am ... you're the best.