Saturday, February 21, 2009

Festivities Recap Part 3 - A Birthday Celebration

What are the odds of having your birthday falls on St. Valentine's Day? And for the mother to actually give birth on that day? Eeuchh.. such an unromantic thing to do on Love Day, being in pain and agony.. such a traumatic experience to be reminded of every Valentine's Day.

Anyway, that's my nephew..

Photobucket
6th year-old birthday celebration

And you know what? This is the very first birthday I have ever celebrated with him. You can't blame me! I had to be out dating with my then boyfriend. But what about this year? My understanding now hubby actually didn't mind spending the evening celebrating nephew's birthday with everyone else. My guess is because it was on a weekend, we spent the whole day together and so what is a few hours with others, or maybe he was just in good mood that day, or maybe he was trying his utmost best to please me that day. Who knows.. but I'm glad to finally get to celebrate his birthday at an age that he might even remember it later.

Photobucket
Unwrapping presents..

Photobucket
Unwrapping more presents..

Photobucket
Hah.. look, in order to save the environment (.. and cost), I wrapped the gift with this nice full page ad! (.. and from the days when I was getting complimentary copies of The Edge)

Take a guess what we bought him?

Photobucket
There you go.. what is it?

Photobucket
It's a caterpillar swim ring.. They just had to inflate it right there and then

And they couldn't wait but to come over for a swim the very next day together with my other nieces. And this time around, they don't need to play in the baby pool.

Photobucket
Wow, I like that.. so colourful

Photobucket
and fun...

And to have them over means to have my brother, sisters, parents over as well. And OMG! To write love notes to you hubby sounds like a good idea then, but to expose that to family members is mighty embarrassing! *blush*

Photobucket
Niece was especially fascinated with the hanging mobile and wanted to make herself one too (didn't I mention it looks like some school art class project?)

The kids were curious and wanted to read those notes hanging all over, and hence, my brother was reading out loud the messages to them and having them repeat after him. *double blush*!

Yup, Valentine's Day decor is still up here. I'm planning to leave them here till end of LOVE month. I'll be away for a few days and maybe they can be some sort of reminder to hub of my crazy existence in the house.

No comments: