Sunday, February 22, 2009

All she ever wanted was a little credit...

Photobucket

That's Rebecca Bloomwood if you are familiar with her. Confessions of a Shopaholic, the movie, has been released in the US on 13 Feb 2009 but will only reach us in March.

I have since receiving my Christmas gift of the book I've lost, finished re-reading all the 5 books in the Shopaholic series. The movie, however, is based on the first AND second book - Confessions of a Shopaholic (as in the US edition) and also published as The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic of which I have and Shopaholic Takes Manhattan or Shopaholic Abroad. I know, it's confusing. But having it based on 2 books makes more sense I guess as the movie is based on New York and not London. But I think they even turned her into an American!

Having seen the trailer, I don't think I should compare too much the movie with the book. The setting of the movie has Becky starts to work in a financial magazine in New York, when in the book she really ends up as a financial advisor in a television talkshow and moves on to working as a personal shopper in Barney's when in New York. But oh well, I can overlook that I guess..

AND they have Suze (Becky's bff) with BLACK hair! She's blond as mentioned time after time in the book series. In the books, it never specifies the colour of Becky's hair but I think red would be the last colour possible since she hates Venetia's (Luke's ex girlfriend) hair in Shopaholic and Baby - remember Danny's creation of SHE'S a RED-HAIRED BITCH and I HATE HER T-Shirt? So it seems completely out of the realm of possibilities that Becky herself would have red hair.

Ok ok.. maybe I REALLY shouldn't care so much and should just go and enjoy the movie.

Anyway, here's the movie trailer if you haven't already seen it by now...

No comments: