Monday, January 7, 2008

Reading Material

I was going through my bookshelf and guess what I found?

books
wedding related books!

I didn't buy them after the engagement! I don't choose a 'theme' when buying books. I basically switch from chick-lit (Jane Green to Lisa Jewell) to heavier books (David Mitchell to Milan Kundera) to travelogue (Frances Mayes to Emily Barr) etc.

Ok, bought one from the pile above.. just ONE, with the encouragement from fiance in hope that I'll regain my senses in case I'm struck by the wedding madness. Diary of a Mad Bride sounds fun to read, but it's sitting on my bookshelf waiting for its turn as I'm currently reading a set of children's books (darling, it says so in the books i.e. available from HarperCollins Children's Books).

I also re-read Shopaholic Ties The Knot which was still hilarious but this time around, I felt slightly annoyed with Becky. Through no fault of hers but merely because she ended up with 2 dream weddings. Oh well, story of my life is never sugar-coated like Becky's.

Marriages are made in heaven but weddings are made in hell...
(the subtitle of Diary of a Mad Bride)

No comments: