Sunday, January 27, 2008

Books.. and More Books

Last week, on the bonus public holiday, I finally managed to find time to re-arrange my bookshelves at home. Ok, I had to put a stop to my procrastination after this little incident of purchasing a book I already owned, lying somewhere in my room.

And so, I have created a list of all my books and re-arranged them by author (it’ll only be a matter of time before the arrangement goes out of control again). In total, the booklist of my collection reaches 200+ now.. and growing.

A little side note : If one of my books is with you, will you please let me know so I could update my list? I’m not rushing you to return it if you have not finished reading. For I realized that I have lost a couple of my books (only taking into consideration the ones I remember I have).. and I’m extremely heart-broken over this.

It was when I was climbing up and down arranging them onto the shelves, books covering the whole floor, hair flying all over my face and me sweating profusely, that bf made an appearance in my room. A quick estimation later, he announced that I have spent at least RM 8,000 in buying all these books. And that was a very conservative under-estimate. Wow, I could have made a trip to Europe with RM 8K!

So what do I plan to do with my ever-growing books? Er.. never thought of that. I think he finds it alarming to think that he has to find space at home to store all my books, you know, when I eventually move in.. me and my baggage.

Any idea what I shall do with them? Continue to find space to store them when it grows? Get rid of them? But they are in pristine condition (I have this book fetish of wrapping my books before reading them) - Sell them all? Donate them? Rent them out for some side income? Help!!

1 comment:

MatJun said...

RM8k is better spent in Japan.I bet there will be better planning & storage in 3 Resident :P