Friday, November 23, 2007

The Ring

No, it’s not a birthday gift.
No, like most simple-minded girls, I couldn’t have said no to a diamond ring!
So yes, I’m engaged :)


Here’s the ring. Especially for those who have not noticed it on my finger. I told fiance (aw! so not use to this word.. so weird!) that it’s obviously too small if others don’t notice.. (haha, kidding sweetheart..)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I don’t think my camera do justice to the sparkles of the diamond

So here’s another pic.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Better? This is taken from his semi-pro camera

What do you think of my ring?? I know I’m probably biased, but I think it’s gorgeous. Not too big (the rock, not the ring size) till it’s inconvenient for casual wearing and not too small too till I think he doesn’t care enough.

Ok, the standard questions..

When?
A month ago during our Japan trip. Oct 19th 2007 to be exact (putting it down just so I can blame him if he forgets the anniversary!)

Where?


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Tokyo Tower on a rainy night

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The view I was starring at when he popped the question

How?
Not on the knee kind of drama of course! It was all quite sudden when I was admiring the view and he showed me the ring. The words are all sort of blur after (not my fault, I was blinded by the shiny object!). I asked him later for his exact words, and gotten a vague reply.

So, yes, there you go. I’ve put it down in written words here. Sounds more official now - I’m engaged.

My 6-year-old niece, whenever she sees my ring, will shout “Lord of the Ring! Lord of the Ring!”

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Haha.. ya, ok, not the One Ring to rule them all, but it’ll be sufficed if it has the power to let me rule my man..


Ok, back to reality. Lots of planning to do and I’ll be glad if I don’t kill him in the process.

And lastly, no fixed date yet, but will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wah. kitty.. so nice and so romantic. congrats. btw, this ring, how many carats? from my naked eyes it would be 0.5/0.3. De Beers eh? anyways, it is gorgeous. better than mine actually. haha