Tuesday, April 3, 2012

For the Love of Books

I love books. I love to read them, to touch them, smell them, to spend time happily wandering around bookstores to browse for them, to wrap them up when I have them in my possession, to stack them up in piles, to line them up on shelves. I love looking at them, so yes, it can be said that I’m also a borderline hoarders of books. They bring me a great deal of satisfaction. My book collection is currently not all that large, but it is growing. Currently, my book buying funds are pretty much non-existent, but between my prioritization; I’ve been spending more on books than my once lavish clothes and accessories shopping.

I used to keep track of my booklist manually, but have recently started listing my inventory online. After virtualizing my library, I still need to deal with the actual books. You know, the books that demand on taking up space and they are ever expanding. It’s my day dream to have a home library.

You should probably take a look at the state of my current one before I proceed..

Photobucket

Yes, I’ve perfected the art of double and triple-stacking the books – cramming rows of books beside & on top and more above them. I don’t have a photo, but 4 years ago when I wrote this, my bookshelves in my room at my parent’s place were much more presentable than what I have now. My now husband, bf then, promised a better planning & storage in our future home. Alas, 3 years later, I’m still waiting...

Every avid reader imagines a personal home library. Whether it be something simple, contemporary or extravagant, we all imagine having one to call our own.

Some of my dream home library inspirations..

Photobucket

By the way, you may browse through my bookshelves here and offer a swap if you have something I’m interested to read too (but I do want my book back). Or you may make a rental donation if you would like to check out any of the books, in the name of my future home library. Otherwise, my dear friends, I’m sorry, my days of generous books lending have ended. I am deeply in need of funds or options for new reading materials.

And if you will excuse me, I have a book waiting for me right now..

What are you currently reading?

1 comment:

queen_of_bee said...

*jaw dropped at the list*... i only read 4% of your list. hahahaha!!!