Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Handmade Ribbon Necklaces

Note : I have had enough of my own homemade cakes and delicacies for now, after I tried my hands on some Tiramisu as dessert, which hubby dislikes, being a non- 1) coffee drinker, 2) cheese lover, 3) liquor enthusiast, like myself; a no-bake Oreo cheesecake of which I practically had to finish by myself too and an Orange cake which was a flop (don't ask me why).

So I think I better stick back to something I'm slightly better at.. i.e. creating more junks!

I saw this necklace and I'm captivated. Another thing you may have known about me is that I love all things feathery and frilly :). I wish I could afford that necklace, but I can't and I knew I have to try making one myself.

Here's my creation that I know is not the same, but am hoping it's not that bad an imitation either, with whatever materials I have on hands.

tutu-inspired necklace
Mine looks like a ballet tutu.. so I'm calling it my tutu-inspired necklace

tutu-inspired necklace 1
This is how it looks like on a plain simple top

tutu-inspired necklace 2
If it's a bit too eccentric to wear on a normal outing, maybe dress it up a bit to stand out in a proper function

That was made yesterday. And today, I came across this! It's beautiful. And it came complete with a step-by-step tutorial. How hard could it be? Till I realised I can't knit! What is a crochet? How do I make that? The link provided in the blog is of no help for novice like me. Not deterred, I googled up more step-by-step guide to crocheting and I managed this..

ribbon-crocheted necklace
Ta-daa.. a ribbon-crocheted necklace. Again, I used what I had (yes, I know, my purple ribbon is making an appearance again) and I don't have large pearls, so I used this pearl necklace I bought years and years ago in KK at the Filipino market that I don't remember ever wearing.

ribbon-crocheted necklace 1
Goes with a little black dress

ribbon-crocheted necklace 2
Closer look

Ok, took me 5 minutes to make this next one..

french lace necklace
French lace necklace (No, I did not cut my wedding dress to make this)

french lace necklace 1
Simple. Now I have one additional item in my accessories box!

I wish I have more materials to play with. I want to sit here whole day making girly frilly things. I've been having fun with these!

1 comment:

cheeky girl said...

momma, make one for me pls... hiaks