Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Was Inspired

Photobucket
photo from A Cup of Jo

How insanely gorgeous and fairytale-like are those?!

I was 18 when I learned to fold origami cranes.. from a boy in school. We did hundreds in between lessons. Of course I have forgotten how to fold one now, and hence, I had to have a refreshment course via this website I found.

There is an ancient Japanese legend that promises to grant a wish for anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes. There's a true famous story about this girl, Sadako Sasaki, who attempted that too.

So ya, my next project is to fold cranes now. I WON'T be folding one thousand! Will not have enough papers and space to keep them without hubby shouting at me.

But I might try to do something like this...

Photobucket
from Oh Joy and Apartment Therapy

Photobucket
I am 'experimenting' with a few...

Photobucket
using old magazines (yes, that's a copy of Klue. Shell will be proud of me)

If I don't get bored with it half way that is.

The top first photos were from a real wedding. So unless one of you are getting married and want to engage my service (paid of course) to help fold cranes to hang on tress, I'll stick to making a hanging mobile. Hmm.. or maybe we can have a party. Lots of it will make a great party decor.. sweetheart??

No comments: