Monday, January 19, 2009

Getting into Chinese New Year mood..

Chinese New Year is just around the corner? Really? How come I don't really feel it? (ya, maybe staying with a not very cultural-inclined husband doesn't help too)

The only tell-tale sign of CNY celebrations being in full bloom are times when we went to shopping malls deck with lanterns and cherry blossoms, and when festive music blasts in the air.

And the I remember I snapped some pics 2 weeks ago and forgotten to download till now, when I was in Pavilion, meeting darling and Quin for lunch.

Photobucket
At the Main Entrance, shoppers get to touch this huge Golden Bull, a symbol of prosperity and good blessings to evoke an auspicious start of the Year of The Golden Ox.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I love cherry blossoms! Too bad we don't have Spring and only get fake ones here. But still, they are pretty and sweet..

Photobucket
The Pink Blossom Walk, as Pavilion's 2009 Chinese New Year theme is "Blossom in Pink, Prosper in Red".

Photobucket
There are demonstration of Chinese arts and craft, and Dragon's beard candy making

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I was there in time to catch the performances too. So no, these are not very traditional Chinese dances, but I like the modern twist :)

I finally realized, there's only a week to go before CNY! Ok, ok.. I got to start on decorations at home, prepare ang pow (gosh, how much money to change? how do I estimate? I have never done this before! ok, don't panic.. I can do this..), tidbits for guests (don't expect much if you are visiting.. AND do pretend you don't notice I'm wearing old clothes as money for shopping will have to go into the first year double ang pow!).....


Before I end, photos from Pepper Lunch at Pavilion..

Photobucket
Thanks darling for buying me lunch that day

Photobucket
Loved your hair! And there is a very valid reason for taking this photo in portrait and not landscape.. muahahaaa....

2 comments:

cheeky girl said...

i want to collect angpows from you... Gong Xi Fa Cai, Mommy & Dada!!

Spellbound said...

sure, come over next week :) Kong Hei Fatt Choy to u too!