Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Story of Us

I have known fiancé for more than half my life. (We forgot our anniversary a week back! That's how old we are) It’s truly a long story how things ended up the way they are. Now that we’re engaged and all, I thought I’d at least talk about how we met.

Photobucket

Yup, toyed around with a wedding website a while back but never got around to showing you (another one of my abandoned project.. haha) I made him write his version of how we met too. Click here if you are interested to know our first impression on each other..


*yawn* Pretty boring, isn’t it?


But I like the fact that he’s my friend to start off with. Someone who has grown to know me better than I know myself. As we both grow into adulthood with each other, I realize that we are no longer the young carefree couple we once were. We stress over our mortgage, living expenses, increasing pressure at work and a whole lot of other things that didn’t exist when we were sixteen. I don’t think with us getting married, I’ll be having the excitement of getting to know him on a deeper level and suddenly have that rush of love and passion newlyweds are supposed to feel.

And I didn’t mean that in a negative way. I feel like it is reassuring knowing exactly what I’m getting into before saying “I do”. I don’t anticipate accusing “I wish I had known this about you before we got married”.

Predictability may be boring, but it’s also incredibly comforting. And I don’t think I’d have it any other way.

No comments: